My second Ikea hack project after the Toddler Learning Tower!
I have this LAMPAN table lamp from Ikea in Nana’s room for two years and I love that its lightweight but I just feel it’s sort of too white for a nursery and I always want to decorate it with something.
So when I sketched these Humpty Dumpties that I posted on my Instagram for Nana in one of our family dinners I thought, how about putting these cute Humpty Dumpty on the lamp!!
- Get the shape of the table lamp by wrapping the lampshade with a piece of A3 paper to outline the shape;
- Sketch the Humpty Dumpty within the lamp shade’s outline (I have seen people sketching on iPad which can be used directly as digital output);
- Scan the drawing with a scanner and outline it with a brush in Photoshop;
- Export the drawing as PNG;
- Upload the PNG file to Cricut Design Space, load the vinyl and let Cricut do the cutting;
- Weed the unnecessary parts from the cut out;
- Transfer the cutout to the lampshade using transfer paper.
- Ikea LAMPAN Table Lamp
- Cricut Vinyl (Cocoa)
- Cricut Transfer sheet
- Pen & Paper (For sketching)
Love how fast my Cricut made all these cutouts for me! Sit back, relax, have a sip of coffee and it’s done!!0 Be the first one!