A super easy cosmetic pouch that would literally take you 45min to complete with a sewing and Cricut machine! Saw this “Joy is the BEST Makeup” quote from Pinterest and love this so much I decided to bring it to cosmetic pouch, so that I can carry it with me everyday!
1.Upload the SVG file to Cricut Design Space, load the Iron On and let Cricut do the cutting;
2. Weed the unnecessary parts from the cutout and iron the pattern to the faux leather according to this Cricut EasyPress guide. If you’re using a home iron just like me, do test out with some scrap materials first as the setting of every iron varies. it’s always good to start with a lower temperature and gradually increase until the iron on can be securely adhered to the surface;
3. Sew the zipper to both ends of the faux leather
4. Turn to the wrong side of the faux leather and sew the sides together, don’t forget the strap at the sides which will be used to hook the tassel;
5. Add additional stitches at the end of the zipper to keep them aligned
6. Make the tassel according to the tutorial here
7. Attach the tassel to the cosmetic pouch, and it’s done!
- A4 Faux Leather (Pastel Pink)
- Cricut Iron On (Metallic)
- Faux Leather Tassel
- Cricut Explorer Air 2
- Weeding Tool
- Sewing machine
The “Joy is the best makeup” pattern would look good on